Bistrampolis manor – it is a part of our countryside historical memory and national culture. The current generation feels a sense of responsibility for continuity of our forefathers’ culture, but the current Lithuanian economical and social relations, allocation of rights and responsibilities does not guarantee the preservation of heritage. Many of the manors aggrieved during the wars waned or were devastated in later times and continues to wane.
Surrounded by a wonderful old park, reminiscing the middle of 19th century, newly renovated manor is located in the North of Lithuania, 700 meters from Via Baltica highway, 14 km from Panevezys.
Neo-classical style Bistrampolis manor complex consists of hotel, restaurant, concert hall and the manor rooms of various sizes for seminars and banquets. Away from the manor house, in the park there is a Chapel – museum of smugglers of forbidden Lithuanian books. For more active recreation – sports ground equipped with tennis court and basketball ground. SPA centre is built in the wain building of the manor.
This manor has already existed since the end of the fifteenth century. The manor was owned by Bistramai family since the end of the seventeenth century till 1940. The family is related to famous people – their relative Henryk Sienkiewicz who collected the material and created a famous polish trilogy: 1. „With Fire and sword“ (1883–1884), 2. „Deluge“ (1884–1886), 3. „Mister Volodyjevsky“ (1887–1888). Therefore the manor is relevant to polish culture and is often visited by polish tourists. Three landlords also being generals took part in the battle of Borodino in the Russian side. So the manor is also related to Russian culture. The pioneer of Lithuanian branch of Bistramai family was Jonas Kazimieras Bistramas – the landlord of King Vladislav IV. His son Jonas Evaldas has acquired a manor in 1695, which was then called Barklainiai and it was started to call Bistrampolis in the second half of eighteenth century.